Sport Participation Research Initiative: 10 years in review
2017 Sport Canada Research Initiative (SCRI) Conference Knowledge Transfer Presentation
by Katherine Tinkler, Senior Advisor, Policy and Planning – Insight, Sport Canada
The purpose of this presentation by Sport Canada was to provide an overview of the retrospective analysis of the first 10 years of the program encouraging sport participation research in Canada.
The review was intended to understand:
- Amount of research undertaken;
- What research was published or shared;
- Theme areas researched;
- Sport Canada’s SPRI investments in those theme areas;
- Funding distribution by geographic location; and
- What the trends and gaps in research are, with a view to improve knowledge transfer of this valuable information and increase the body of evidence where more is needed.
This presentation closes out by identifying trends and gaps in the research, as well as questions on knowledge transfer and opportunities for the future of the program.